Friday, July 11, 2008

BH Auto : GAB Springs, alignment and camber settings

Today, I was really rushing for time. I have so much to do and so little time to prep myself for the upcoming track day. I had to finish everything at 6PM. I tried to dump my car in the local Proton service center in Kampar, but they were overbooked. So I had no choice to drive up to Ipoh to BH Auto. This shop is not bad, but a bit pricey compared to KL. I decided to do it here, since I could pay through my credit card. (I am cash-strapped) Anyways, I did the alignment balancing and installation of the 2nd hand, 1-month old GAB coilover springs that I bought for RM250 from another friend. His car was too low to support these springs, so instead he got R3 branded Eibach springs. So, seeing this as an oppurtunity, I withdrew all my savings and dump it at those springs. After all the installation and all, I tested the car on the North South Highway on my way home to Kampar. These springs gave a more solid feeling and it is much stiffer than stock. I haven't done an extreme hard cornering yet, but I hope these would serve me well for the coming track day.





No comments: