Friday, September 5, 2008

Trip to Thailand

I spent my Merdeka weekend from 31st August till 3rd of September in Hadyai, Thailand. I was there, staying in a 4-star Hotel, in Novotel Hadyai. I would say, the room rates are reasonable at 150bahts a night. You have nice hospitality and good looking rooms, at that price, much better than Hotel Regency, which located opposite of the hotel.

Down below the hotel, lies the Central shopping center. It was definitely a nice place to shop and cosy. But it was the last day of sales, so everyone was there to pick up a bargain. I picked up some figurines, clothes and a pair of sandals.

Next day, I headed opposite of Central, into Lea Gardens and I saw this large anime figurines shop. I was definitely amazed at the collection, but I was short of money at the time anyways. All I can do next is head down to Tops Supermarket and was suprised to find the collection of chocolates stacked in a cabinet. Note that these are chocolates you don't find in Malaysia. I only bought a few boxes of Pocky sticks though.

At night, we had a walk in Hadyai's street. It's pretty empty, since the riots have pretty much blocked off Hadyai. This is all that to see. Since we paid for 3 days stay, all we did was eat and sleep, enjoying Thai massage and all. I wish I had more pictures, but I was too lazy to take any.





No comments: